The Michiana Partnership is a new regional economic development organization. Our region offers companies that are expanding and looking for new locations the following advantages:
- A region central to major Midwest markets.
- Air, rail, water, and Interstate transportation infrastructure to connect your business to the world.
- 5,000 manufacturers in just about every field, with workers who understand how to make products and sell them.
- Unique assets such as the largest electrical substation in the U.S. and one of the country’s largest aquifers.
- Available buildings and shovel-ready sites.
- Low cost and reliable power.
- Lifestyle choices that include urban settings, small towns, or rural areas.
- Home to the 2nd busiest airport in Indiana and 90 minutes from Chicago’s international airports.
The Michiana Partnership can give you complete and confidential information services at each stage of the site location process.
A GREAT PLACE TO DO BUSINESS
- Right to Work states.
- Some of the best corporate tax rates in the nation, with Michigan at 6% and Indiana soon to be 6.5%.
- Indiana ranks 1st in the Midwest and 5th in the nation as the best place to do business in the Pollina Corporate Top 10 Pro-Business States for 2012 study.
- Indiana and Michigan are ranked 2nd and 8th most competitive states for spurring business growth (Site Selection, 2013).
- No inventory tax.
- In 2011, Indiana and Michigan exported goods worth almost $73 billion.
- Michiana has an established and educated workforce, backed by a strong work ethic and reasonable labor costs.
Michiana encompasses the greater South Bend region, comprised of seven counties in north central Indiana and south
west Michigan. Just 90 minutes east of Chicago and located on the beautiful eastern shore of Lake Michigan, the region sits along the I-80/90 corridor at I-94.
- 860,000 Population and 1.84 million within one-hour drive
- 403,670 Civilian Labor Force
- 323,269 Households.
- 38 Median Age
- $34,112 Per Capita Personal Income
The counties comprising Michiana include St. Joseph, Elkhart, Marshall and Kosciusko in Indiana and Berrien, Cass and St. Joseph in Michigan.
Interstates such as I 80/90 and I-94 provide access to Lake Michigan, Chicago, and Detroit. We are known for our successful manufacturing companies. The Michiana region is also home to a growing tech sector supported by technology partnerships with universities such as the University of Notre Dame.